LifeScape offers a variety of physical therapy services that offer improved and independent mobility to adults and children of all ages and abilities. We provide physical therapy at two convenient locations: Sioux Falls and Rapid City.
We Focus On:
- Functional mobility
- Improving strength, range of motion, and balance
- Decreasing fall risk
- Decreasing pain
- Return to previous level of function following illness or surgery
- Assessment of equipment needs
Our Therapy Programs
LifeScape offers specialized services for assessment of patients who use wheelchairs for mobility in their home and community. An experienced team of physical and occupational therapists, equipment specialists, and equipment technicians, provide thorough evaluations of wheelchair seating and mobility/positioning needs.
Our therapists are trained to evaluate an individual to determine the equipment that will best meet their needs and promote optimal positioning, mobility, independence, and overall function. The individual’s customized equipment will help them better access his/her environment at home, school, and in the community.
Equipment that provides upright positioning for patients who are unable to actively stand without support.
- Enable patients to interact eye-to-eye with peers
- Improves well being, alertness, and sleep patterns
- Enhances circulation and respiration function
- Aids digestion and bowel/bladder function
- Facilitates formation of hip joint in early development
- Stretches muscles, preventing contracture
- Increases bone density and reduces risk of fractures
- Improves skin integrity by relieving pressure
Equipment that facilitates development of pre-requisites for ambulation and improves walking ability and gait patterns.
- Similar to benefits of standing frames
- Provide external postural support for improved control, balance, and safety
- Assist with independent stepping and walking distance
- Allow for practice of walking
- Provide positive impact on body structure and function, activity, and social participation
From gross motor delays and functional mobility with assistive devices to torticollis and incontinence treatment, your child will receive the best care in the region from our skilled team of physical therapists.
To learn more, visit our Pediatric Physical Therapy page.