Following complex surgery, patients may have substantial ongoing healthcare, therapy and/ or equipment needs impacting their ability to return home directly after surgery. The Children’s Specialty Hospital team specializes in the care your child will need following surgery. We have the equipment needed to support children following all type of surgeries. We work collaboratively with children and their families to achieve optimal recovery and a comfortable discharge plan.
- Dr. Kate Sigford, South Dakota’s only physician to be board-certified in both physical medical and rehabilitation and pediatric rehabilitation.
- High-tech assistive technology solutions that aid in communication, feeding and swallowing, upper and lower extremity movement and mobility, as well as ways in which to engage in other daily tasks guided by advanced technology.
- A team of over 30 specially trained pediatric therapists just in Sioux Falls, between inpatient and outpatient areas.
- Outpatient clinic locations in Sioux Falls, Sioux City, IA, and Rapid City, SD, that ensure continued quality care when services transitioning from inpatient to outpatient.
- S/P Selective Dorsal Rhizotomies
- S/P Multiple orthopedic surgeries
- Wound care
We Know How to Help
Our team uses age-appropriate treatment techniques and tools, including toys and games, to increase your child’s comfort and participation in therapy sessions.
Advanced training and collaboration from other medical facilities specializing in orthopedic and neuro surgeries such as Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare in St. Paul, MN. We offer rehabilitation following Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy Surgery, so that area children may recover closer to home.