Even if your child has 20/20 vision, he or she could have vision problems that get in the way of learning.
According to the American Optometric Association, more than 60% of problem learners have undetected vision disorders. There are 17 visual skills critical for learning success, and 20/20 vision is just one of them.
- Struggles with age appropriate fine motor activities such as buttoning buttons or shoe tying.
- Struggles with reading.
- Reverses numbers and letters.
- Skips or rereads lines.
- Loses place while reading
- Headaches with school work.
- Leans head close to writing or coloring activities.
- Takes longer to copy information from the school board then typical.
- Increased negative behaviors with writing or reading work.
One-fourth of all children struggle with reading and learning because of undiagnosed vision problems. So how do you find out if your child would benefit from vision therapy?
Just come to LifeScape for a free screening.
Call us for an appointment: In Sioux Falls, 605-444-9700. In Rapid City, 605-791-7400.
Learn more about our therapy services.
-Sabrina Phillips, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist LifeScape