Three specialists in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (physiatry) treat patients of all ages for rehabilitative medical care at LifeScape Rehabilitation Center.
Kate Sigford, MD, is Medical Director for LifeScape’s Rehabilitation Services at Children’s Specialty Hospital and its Rehabilitation Center. She also treats patients on an individual basis at LifeScape Rehabilitation Center, 1020 W. 18th Street, Sioux Falls.
Charlie Broberg, PA-C, and Julie Johnson, MD, treat patients on an individual basis at LifeScape Rehabilitation Center and through specialty clinics which include therapists or orthotic and prosthetic clinicians, and DME specialists and technicians.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R)--also known as physiatry--aims to enhance and restore functional ability and quality of life to those with physical impairments or disabilities. Our unique expertise and caring staff make LifeScape the best in the region. Dr. Sigford is the area’s only physician to be board certified in both PM&R and pediatric rehabilitation medicine (PRM).
Patients with the following diagnoses can benefit:
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental delays
- Brain injury
- Toe Walking
- Congenital brain malformations
- Spinal cord injury, spina bifida, and other spinal cord conditions
On-site treatment options include:
- Baclofen pump management
- Injections for severe spasticity (Medications may include botulism toxin and phenol.)
- Medication management
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation clinic
- Tone Evaluation and Management (TEAM) Clinic
- Assistive technology clinic
- Orthotic/Prosthetic Management
- Wheelchair, walker, and other mobility equipment management