Our Mission, Vision and Values
We empower children and adults with disabilities to lead fulfilling lives.
All people are valued and respected.
- Integrity: Being honest, respectful, and having strong moral principles.
- Compassion: Demonstrating care and concern for the welfare of others and a desire to help them.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Being accountable for spending wisely and within our means to benefit the mission.
- Collaborative Relationships: Working cooperatively with others for the benefit of those we serve.
- Excellence: Living our mission by being outstanding in all that we do.
The LifeScape Way
Our organizational culture, called The LifeScape Way, is based on our vision that all people are valued and respected. The people we support and their families are at the very center of all that we do—based on their wants and needs. We’ve created a graphic to illustrate this—it’s used in training new employees and in meetings with staff, board members, families and colleagues. It’s a reminder that we each play an equal role in ensuring that we support people well. We have to do it together, and if any one of us is off—the whole “wheel” is off. We celebrate together, and we have each other’s backs. No one job is more important than another. We have different roles and titles, and they are each important. But, without us collectively doing our work well, we won’t operate smoothly. Everything we do is to positively impact our mission, to achieve our vision and to live our organizational values.